October 19 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Delaware Valley Friends School 19 E. Central Ave., Paoli, PA 19301
October 19, 2023
6:30 – 8:30 pm
What is the Simulation?
The Simulation often begins with a brief discussion of dyslexia, including the neurological basis, the demographics, the warning signs, and the interventions which have been shown, through solid research, to have positive impact.
Participants then take part in a series of simulated activities which mimic the experiences and processing of those with dyslexia.
- Learn to Read, simulates a beginning reading problem
- Listen to Me, simulates an auditory processing problem
- Write with Mirrors, simulates a visual-motor and writing problem
- Alphabet Arithmetic, simulates issues with timed tests and memorization
- Write or Left, simulates a copying and dictation problem
- “E”asy Spelling, simulates a spelling test with multiple spelling of a sound
Finally, participants ask questions of an experienced panel.