- This event has passed.
Wilson: Just Words Virtual Workshop
October 11, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Just Words® Virtual Launch Workshop (Instructor-Led)
9:00AM TO 2:00PM (Eastern)
Trainer: Barbara Sheaffer
To Register Please Visit: https://www.wilsonlanguage.com/
Upon the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the skills taught in Just Words: phonics and word study (phonemic awareness, six basic syllable types in English, spelling rules, common Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes), vocabulary study, and high frequency words.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Identify and understand the use for all materials in the Just Words Teacher’s Kit, and have a sense of how to find and use the many extended resources available on the Intervention Learning Community for Just Words (membership included with participation in this workshop).
- Use the Instructor Manual to prepare a daily learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Visualize the flow and pace of a full Just Words lesson completed with fidelity.
- Identify which students may be appropriate for a Just Words class, and understand how to assess students’ progress in the class by using Progress Checks at the beginning of each Unit and Unit Tests at the end.