Wilson Works Just Words Curriculum – King of Prussia
August 1 @ 9:00 am - August 2 @ 3:30 pm
This 10-hour workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Wilson Just Words® curriculum. At the completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the research base of the why and how of Just Words® instruction.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential and cumulative instruction that incorporates review, repetition, feedback, and multisensory instruction to engage multiple learning styles.
- Identify the skills taught in Just Words®: word study (phonemic awareness, six basic syllable types in English, spelling rules, common Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes), vocabulary study, and high frequency words.
- Properly identify and group students.
- Use the Instructor Manual’s Unit structure and materials, prepare a daily learning plan, and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Administer Progress Checks at the beginning of each Unit and Unit Tests at the end in order to assess students’ progress.