- Identify scientific evidence on how reading should be taught.
- Recognize the high level of knowledge, experience, and expertise necessary for effective reading instruction.
- Identify the evidence for the importance of coaching teachers in the science of reading.
- Pinpoint the role that Institutes of Higher Education (IHE) play in communicating the science of reading.
- Decipher the responsibilities that others (i.e., policymakers, state departments of education, philanthropists, and parents) play in impacting systemic reading instruction change.