PA Branch Regional Groups
Pennsylvania/Delaware Regional Group
The Pennsylvania/Delaware Regional group of the International Dyslexia Association PA Branch is the region’s definitive resource of information related to dyslexia, language-based learning disorders and literacy acquisition. Our members are educators, psychologists, physicians, individuals with dyslexia, and parents who have dealt with learning disability issues within their communities, local public and private schools. We are dedicated to helping individuals living with dyslexia, and language and literacy challenges, their families and the communities that support them. PBIDA provides resources to educate and increase public awareness of dyslexia, a learning difference that affects up to 20 percent of the U.S. population. Many of our nearly 400 members are actively involved in the diagnosis and remediation of dyslexia. Over the past years. we have developed a network of local professionals, parents, school personnel, advocates, attorneys and other individuals who are accustomed to helping parents navigate the school system to improve services so that all children are given a chance to learn.
- to provide support for parents and teachers
- to increase awareness of dyslexia and other language-based disabilities in the community and schools
- to advocate on behalf of our members to governing bodies
- to provide resources for children and adults and connect them with local specialists
We are advocates and supporters of stronger connections and collaborations among individuals and all organizations supporting people with dyslexia. We assist in identifying resources to address parents’ and teachers’ needs/requests fostering community support and collaboration.
We hold community events, seminars and workshops each year to bring experts on dyslexia, research-based practices and learning disability topics to our regions. We host in-service programs for school districts including Experience Dyslexia®, A Simulation that provides participants a chance to feel the experience of being a dyslexic learner in a classroom setting.
We warmly welcome any interested persons in the regions to join us and to become involved in our work. Contact us at 610-527-1548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Regional Groups:
- Dawn Brookhart, Central PA East, Danville, PA
- Ann Darrow, Central PA West, Schellsburg, PA
- Lynn Dell, Central PA East, Harrisburg, PA
- Tammy Hayes, Northwest PA Region, Fairview, PA
- Lara McCarthy, Northeast PA Region, Cresco, PA
- Caroline O’Neal, Delaware Region, Wilmington, DE
- Diane Reott, Eastern PA Region, Philadelphia, PA
- Richard Sabousky, Central PA Region, Clarion, PA
- Christine Seppi, Western PA Region, Pittsburgh, PA
Share this page with your friends…