- This event has passed.
Experience Dyslexia Simulation: Benchmark School
November 2 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Nov 2, 2022
5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
What is the Simulation?
The Simulation often begins with a brief discussion of dyslexia, including the neurological basis, the demographics, the warning signs, and the interventions which have been shown, through solid research, to have positive impact.
Participants then take part in a series of simulated activities which mimic the experiences and processing of those with dyslexia.
- Learn to Read simulates a beginning reading problem
- Listen to Me simulates an auditory figure-ground problem
- Write with Mirrors simulates a visual-motor and writing problem
- Name That Letter simulates a letter-word identification problem
- Write or Left simulates a copying and writing problem
- Hear and Spell simulates an auditory discrimination problem
Finally, participants ask questions of an experienced panel.
For any questions, contact Mary Katherine Ortale via this email