Wilson: Fundations Virtual Launch Workshop Level 1
October 13 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Fundations® Level 1 Virtual Launch Workshop (Instructor-Led)
9:00AM TO 2:00PM (Eastern)
Trainer: Jean DeRosa
Upon the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations: print awareness; phonological awareness; phonemic awareness and the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Identify and understand the use for all materials in the Fundations Teacher’s Kit, and have a sense of how to find and use the many extended resources available on the Prevention/Early Intervention Learning Community for Fundations (membership included with participation in this workshop).
- Use the Teacher’s Manual to prepare a daily learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Visualize the flow and pace of a full Fundations lesson completed with fidelity.